Water filters are a very important one of your regular household devices – perhaps the most used one after refrigerator. We have come a long way from the time when water filters only dealt with a half-baked filtration which did not do much for the health purposes. Nowadays there are many different types of water filtering systems that can be seen in households as well as commercial places.
Different types of water filtration
- Activated carbon filters make sure that the water coming out of the faucet is devoid of any big chunks of debris or sediments that might contaminate the water. They also absorb large amounts of chlorine to keep the water from being smelly and of bad taste.
- Reverse Osmosis is the most common and favourite type of water filtering system at present. It removes all the dangerous particles present in the water and not just partially.
- Ionized water filters separate acidic and alkaline water into two streams using electrolysis method. The water is passed over the charged plates, and thus two separate streams can be accessed. Slightly alkaline water is good for drinking, cooking and for the skin as well.
- Ultraviolet rays are themselves harmful for humans, but they can be used for safety purposes. Water systems have the latest technology of UV radiation to treat regular water and kill the bacteria and germs instantly. It does not involve extra chemicals; neither does it strip off essential minerals from the water.
- Infrared filters are largely used in both domestic households and industries to soften hard water. it hits the negatively charged water to take away the harshness and bring a soft, more soluble feel to it.
Installing water filtration system
To install a water filtration system in your place, be it home, office or business, you will require professional assistance. Find your nearest agency who deal with water filters and get the device of your choice installed without trouble.